Saturday, March 17, 2012

Our Life in Highland

Before you get to the cottage hidden in our backyard, you see our big white house, a modified four-square architecturally-speaking, but looking a bit like a farmhouse set down in the city in some great Monopoly game played decades ago. 

The backyard porch and patio leading to the cottage--this is the perfect place for sitting outside, eating lunch and relaxing.  And that is exactly what my husband, Ricky, and I did today.  Creating this blog was frying my brain and I needed to detox with nature.  This is one of my favorite spots to relax and escape the world for a little while.  I love to sit on the porch in the mornings, drink coffee and write, before I go to work.  I am joined by numerous cats and the occasional possum.

In addition to supervising the Early Head Start program here in Shreveport, the city in Northwest Louisiana where I live, I am President of the Highland Restoration Association, the organization working to preserve and revitilize our historic neighborhood.  I also laughingly claim to operate the neighborhood Feral Feline Feeding Station because we feed many stray cats and take as many as we can to our local low cost spay and neuter clinic to be fixed. 

In between all of this, I read and read and read. 
 

I love my library!



4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world, Teresa! I'll be adding you to my "reader" and look forward to keeping up with what's going on around your place. Stop by and check mine out, too. mommystreasures(dot)blogspot(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at your most recent posts, Linda, and was most impressed with your improving photography skills. Hope your hand heals perfectly this time around. I'll spend a bit more time on your blog when it isn't midnight!

      Delete
  2. Yes! I'm so happy that you've finally gotten something you can work with!

    I just came down stairs, poured me a glass of wine, and decided to check my email before heading to the back porch...and found your blog with the gorgeous pictures.

    So, I joined you in your libations, if a little later. Adding you to my Google Reader!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure about adding Gadget of blogs followed or recommended links--is that a Gadget? Haven't looked at Google Reader again yet. Still a steep learning curve.

    ReplyDelete