Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Stroll Through a Walled City in the French Alps

Our trip to France last August was so full of memorable places and people that it's hard to select just a few photos to capture it.  Right now I'm focusing on the places we visited that depict different parts of the country.

First, a few more photos of Serres, this time showing the old Roman walled section of the village:

Walking through the walled part of old Serres

Apartments in the walled section of Serres

Love the blue shutters that are seen everywhere in France
Curb Appeal in old Serres
Old Catholic Church in Serres

Tattoo artist in her shop in old section of Serres

We visited Marseilles just long enough to see the Mediterrean and dine overlooking the sea:


Lone floater in the sea
Ricky and Teresa dining at 3 star restaurant overlooking the Mediterrean. 

You probably feel like you're trapped watching someone's slide show of their vacation, but at least here it's easy to excuse yourself and go back to what you were doing.  I think Paris and Provence, and to some extent Marseilles, get so much of the attention when discussing France that it's important to see some of the other parts of the country, especially the more remote French Alps where Serres is located. 

I'm home sick today, as opposed to being homesick for France yesterday.  While I'm recovering from one of those 24 hour bugs, I'm going to take a break from my Once Upon a Time reading (Philip Pullman's The Subtle Knife), the mysteries I always have going (Murder Most Frothy, a coffeehouse mystery by Cleo Coyle, that I downloaded to my Kindle) and retreat to my cottage with Peter Mayle and share his adventures in Provence.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love those blue shutters! Hope you're feeling better---I'm just getting over the same thing!

    ReplyDelete