Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Reason to Give Thanks


Living life or writing about it?  Reading for pleasure or working on my paying job?  Volunteering in my historic neighborhood or chilling in my library?  Taking care of the hundreds of details for upcoming Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas holidays or trying to enjoy all the fun activities that happen in my part of the world in the fall? 

 

These are some of the quandries of my life right now, and probably many of yours as well.  It's not that I don't want to write in my blog because I love writing my posts--it's just that I am pulled in so many different directions. 

 

I'm thankful to have a rich, full life!  In a minute I'm going to walk over to the park where our annual Highland Jazz and Blues Festival will be taking place--five and a half hours of music on two stages, food and craft vendors--a fun time as only Louisiana can do it.  I'll hear some great music, visit with friends, supervise the festival information and t-shirt booth  volunteers I lined up--and basically have a great day, hopefully forgetting about my "To Do" lists.

 

I'll get it all done--and what doesn't get done, probably won't have dire consequences.  Soon I'll return to my blogging.  Until then, have a wonderful Thanksgiving week. 

4 comments:

  1. We are actually having a 'working' Thanksgiving this year. We did it a couple years ago, and got a lot done.
    Have I asked you if you've seen Treme??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched any of Treme, although all my friends with Louisiana connections rave about it. Maybe I can rent it or stream it this winter. I told my husband I want to visit Treme neighborhood next time we're in New Orleans but I guess I need to see the series first.

      When I was in graduate school, I had some working Thanksgivings--one I remember I spent by myself working on a paper, but I took a break and fixed myself a simple but complete Thanksgiving dinner, thoroughly enjoyed eating it by myself, then returned to my paper. Enjoy your day.

      Delete
  2. Ahh, I've missed your posts! Yes, from Thanksgiving through Christmas, so many additional items on the infamous "to do" list, but good for you to take time to attend the Highland Jazz and Blues Festival!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny. I'm going to try to make time to write since I feel better when I do but finding enough hours sometimes is a challenge.

      I ended up working much of the Jazz Festival in a booth but Ricky sat and listened and said it was all great.

      Delete