Saturday, August 31, 2013

Treble in Trouble

We have a new puppy--he just showed up here at our house, aka Rescue Central, or the Wilkinson Street Feral Feline Feeding Station.  In the past it has been cats that hang out on either the front porch or guest cottage porch in the back.  We feed them and get them "fixed" and hope they keep on moving. 

Therefore, a couple weeks ago I was surprised to see a small, black puppy sitting in our driveway.  He barked at me and ran under our house when I approached, but eventually came out and wanted to eat.


We posted photos of the puppy in the neighborhood but soon found out he belonged to a homeless guy who really didn't want the dog.  Ricky paid the guy a few dollars to make puppy officially ours and named him Treble.  Ricky says when you say it fast, it sounds like "Trouble" and, of course, he is.  The puppy had mange, worms, fleas and no puppy shots.  Several vet trips later, Treble is right at home and we have too much time and money invested to give him away. 

Treble fits right in with the "cat pack."  He chases them and they wop him up the side of the head when they tire of his antics.  He and the smallest cat, Lips, wrestle like puppies rolling all over the yard. 

Here is a later photo of Treble in the laundry room/sleeping porch area where he stays.  He must be supervised when he's outside because he can walk right through our wrought iron fence. 

 
 
Treble is a very busy little fellow.  I co-hosted a bridal shower for the daughter of my best friend today.  While I was gone, the puppy worked hard on his own project on the sleeping porch!  Luckily this settee was nothing we cared about.
 


8 comments:

  1. Awww, Treble is such a cute dog! And so lucky he landed at your house. You are wonderful for doing what you do for those dogs, and I'm glad your kept this one, he is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treble is maturing daily. He will be a good dog. It is heartbreaking to see all the homeless pets in our area.

      Delete
  2. Oh my...he is cute, but I wouldn't be happy to come home to this.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Saturday Snapshot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband had it cleaned up by the time I got home but messaged me this photo as evidence of Treble's busy afternoon.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh! What a little devil:) a gorgeous devil though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, right on all counts. If he weren't so cute, he would be in serious trouble! And if this were a piece of furniture we cared about.

      Delete
  4. What a dear, dear baby. I'm so happy you found one another. No inanimate object compares to the love of a dog. :<)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nan, we are enjoying Treble but a puppy is time consuming--lots of walks in the park and play dates with the puppy across the street. Good thing his personality fits well with ours.

    ReplyDelete