Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Cozy Halloween

 

I admit it.  I love Halloween, but not so much the blood and gore and scary horrors.  I like fall and pumpkins and black cats and orange!!  So, though I have no children I indulge my inner child and decorate just a bit for fun. 


Obviously I just pick up cheap trinkets and Halloween decorations that I use to accent a small table in the foyer--nothing like my friend Jenny who makes the most delightful dolls and Halloween decorations.  I am orange with envy.  To see Jenny's blog about her original Halloween creations, click here.

 
 

Halloween is a day when you don't want to be trying to prepare supper while answering the door to all the little goblins and Ninjas and princesses.  So, in keeping with my Slow Food efforts I'm observing a crock pot soup day.  Yesterday I filled both my crock pots, so today we're serving split pea soup with corn bread.

 

Or, if you would rather, you can eat navy bean and ham soup.  And, of course, a fat piece of homemade corn bread!

Note the gourd Jack-o-Lantern I bought at the Farmer's Market in Little Rock.  I couldn't resist the big guy.

What about you?  Do you have any Halloween traditions that have carried over to adulthood?

 

2 comments:

  1. Love your Halloween decorations! Thanks for the link! Can't believe we are now in November and approaching Thanksgiving. Time really does fly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favorite time of the year but I'm often too busy to fully enjoy it.

      Delete